Sunday, January 29, 2012
July 2012 schedule
· Arrival Sunday, July 1st at 4:55 Orlando, ETA St Augustine 10:00 PM
· Monday, July 2nd Ghost and Gravestone private charter tour 7:30 PM – 10:00 PM
· Friday, July 6th shopping at St Augustine outlet malls 6:00 PM – 9:00PM
· Sunday, July 8th Welcome Party for students and families 4:00 pm at the Royal St Augustine Country Club, Highway 16, St Augustine.
· Tuesday, July 10 Sea World
· Thursday, July 12 Bowling at Anastasia Lanes 6:30 PM – 9:00 PM
· Monday, July 16 Daytona Water Lagoon
· Wednesday, July 18th Concert by the Sea, St Augustine Pier 6:00 PM – 9:00PM
· Friday, July 20th Universal Studios
· Monday, July 23rd Farewell at the Meeting Room in Ponce De Leon Mall, there will be a DJ and light dinner served.
· Tuesday, July 24th Tour the Pirate Museum 4:00PM then downtown St Augustine souvenir shopping
· Friday July 27th, return to Orlando airport flight leaves at 8:00 PM
HOST AN EXCHANGE STUDENT FOR 27 DAYS IN JULY
Step to USA is a 27 day program for students from Spain ages 14 to 17. This is a great program for families with younger children as it’s a great way to start off the summer with a responsible teenager in the home. Enrich your life with an exceptional young person and open doors to learn about a new culture. Hosting can change your world!
You do not need to have children to host. Host families provide a bed, meals, limited transportation and a warm supportive environment. Students all speak English, come with their own spending money and medical insurance. Students are expected to have chores and be treated as a family member not a guest.
Students arrive on Sunday, July 1st in Orlando and will be bussed to the Northeast Florida area to meet their host families. We are looking to place students from the Jacksonville area to Daytona. There will be a van service to help with transportation. The return date is July 27th. Students attend 1 all day and 1 half day field trip a week. Host family members are welcome to come along at group discount pricing. We will be visiting local sights as well as Universal Studios, Sea World and Daytona Lagoon. Bus transportation is provided for these field trips as well as airport transfers.
Interested host families can contact community coordinator Susan James at
904-806-1392 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Susan has personally hosted 18 students over the past 15 years. Spanish students are very good role models for today’s teens. They are responsible, gracious and thrilled for the opportunity to come to America to live in an American home! If you have room in your heart and your home, would you please consider opening your home to a young person from abroad?